You are hereHome ›
Pre-Doctoral Year-Long Training Research Scholarship
The TL1 Clinical and Translational Research Training Program is a dual-degree training track program designed to provide students working toward their medical, dental or pharmacy degrees with the skills necessary to participate in clinical and translational research immediately upon entry into their clinical training.
TL1 trainees will:
- Complete a Master of Science in Clinical Research (MSCR).
- Actively engage in workshops and training opportunities designed to enhance your research skills.
- Complete a mentored research project culminating in a published research article.
TL1 trainees receive:
- Trainee stipend.
- Tuition remission (for MS-CR coursework).
- Travel funds.
- Up to $4,200 to cover training-related expenses.
- Research mentor is eligible to receive limited funds to cover mentored research related costs.
- U.S. citizen, non-citizen national or legal admission into the U.S. as a permanent citizen.
- Currently enrolled in a MD, PharmD, DDS or DO program at a Frontiers affiliated institution and has completed basic science program requirements.
- One year commitment (leave of absence) from your current program to complete MS-CR coursework and participate in Frontiers sponsored or approved activities.
First, identify a mentor. The Clinical and Translational Research Center and TL1 program directors require interested applicants to meet with them before submitting an application to discuss potential mentors. Then, complete the formal TL1 application and MS-CR application by Feb. 1, 2013. Read more about the application process.
February 1, 2013, 5:00 p.m. CST
March 1, 2013
July 1, 2013
For More Information:
View current and past recipient project details.
Contact Laura Mussulman, MA, MPH, Project Director of the Frontiers Clinical and Translational Research Education Center, at 913-945-7835, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org